- Situations that you control. You make the decision and are accountable for the outcome. Other people are affected by your decision and may try to sway your judgment.
- Situations that you can influence. You … Continue reading the story "DESIGN YOUR FUTURE IN SEVEN STEPS"
Post Archives from the ‘Blog: Career Advice & Tips’ Category
The future can be scary or secure depending upon a lot of factors. Some of these situations you control, while others, not. There are three basic situations that dictate your actions.
Job-hopping is about moving from one company to another in order to advance your career. We’re not talking about internal promotions or lateral moves to expand responsibilities or for further training. Discussion of the job-hopping question is complex, because the implications of job-hopping are very individual and personal. Much of it depends upon your age, compensation, function, supply/demand equation in the marketplace and the current economy. … Continue reading the story "IMPLICATIONS OF JOB-HOPPING"
Work must be very painful for you to quit your job in a fit of frustration or rage. You might want to rethink alternatives and implications rather than make a quick decision. Your future and that of your family needs to be considered. Here are some thoughts:
- Even if you’re independently wealthy, the questions from future interviewers will be: “Why did you leave your last employment, how … Continue reading the story "QUIT WITHOUT A JOB?"
Here are some of the elements of a “failed” resume that stand out:
- Your resume says how terrific you are, but without defining measurable achievements
- You use self-promoting words like: “Multi-skilled leader”, “Cutting edge problem solver”, “Turn-around expert”, or other useless and hyped-up words of self-adulation
- You list all your responsibilities and skills without a whisper about actual results. You’re trying to sell your wares … Continue reading the story "RESUMES THAT STAND OUT"
Without good or great employees, organizations can’t be good or great. Success of any organization is limited to the talent and quality of its people. So what should a hiring manager be looking for in the best candidate for an open position? And what does this mean for you, a candidate who is looking for the right job? Let’s take a quick review. Beyond the basic … Continue reading the story "HOW TO IMPRESS HIRING MANAGERS"