- The Eagle– This person is primarily a go-it-alone type individual who acts as a … Continue reading the story "ARE YOU AN EAGLE?"
Post Archives from the ‘Blog: Career Advice & Tips’ Category
Each of us has a primary persona that makes up our personality. Some people like to work alone, while others are more comfortable in a group setting. The question is, “How does the mix and balance of these operating personas affect your job search strategy?” Let’s look at just three of them.
Why should a hiring manager choose you? Is it your charm and wit? Nice try. Maybe it’s your past experiences? Now we’re getting a bit warmer, but not quite. What are the differentiators that set you apart? If you don’t know, you better find out because that is what separates success or failure in the marketplace. There is only one reason why you get hired and … Continue reading the story "DIFFERENTIATE YOURSELF IN THE MARKETPLACE"
First, a definition:
- Visionaries see over the horizon and set the direction of a unit or organization
- Translators interpret the vision and develop strategies to accomplish the objectives
- Implementers execute the actions necessary to achieve the results desired
How you leave an organization is just as important as entering a new one. Why?
- You’ll need terrific references later as you move up the career ladder
- Your legacy and reputation are important for your future
- It’s the right and professional thing to do
When you come right down to it, hiring managers are looking for people who can:
- Help them solve an immediate problem
- Help them reach longer-term goals and objectives effectively
- Work harmoniously with the boss, co-workers/staff and customers